For Immediate Release
Contact: Jennifer Dunnam, Chair
Braille Authority of North America
410.659.9314 Ex. 2427
The Braille Authority of North America (BANA) held its fall meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio. The meeting was hosted by Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. During its three-day meeting, the BANA Board reviewed semiannual reports from its eighteen general and technical committees-each of which works on specific charges from the Board-and acted on recommendations from these committees. The board continued its strategic implementation activities and reviewed the steps that have been completed.
Danette Johnson, the recently appointed representative for Hadley, was welcomed as a new board member.
The board established its 2020 budget and elected officers for the upcoming year. The elected officers are:
- Chair: Tamara Rorie (National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled)
- Vice Chair: Mary Nelle McLennan (Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired)
- Secretary: Dawn Gross (Alternate Text Production Center of California Community Colleges)
- Treasurer: Jessica Rivera (Associated Services for the Blind)
- Jennifer Dunnam serves as BANA's Immediate Past Chair.
The Board expressed its deep appreciation to Jennifer Dunnam for her outstanding leadership and commitment to BANA throughout her five year tenure as BANA Chair. She will continue on the BANA Board as the representative of the National Federation of the Blind.
The next meeting will be hosted by National Federation of the Blind from March 19 through March 21 in Baltimore, Maryland.
You can follow the work of BANA by signing up for BANA-Announce, a one-way email list that disseminates news and information. To join this list, send a blank email message to email@example.com and follow the directions in the confirmation email that will be sent in response. You can also follow BANA on Facebook and Twitter!