Volume LI January 2013 No. 5
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: https://www.acb.org/
The Braille Forum (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
Copyright 2012 American Council of the Blind
All content made available in publications, in any media on any web site domains administered by ACB, or as a broadcast or podcast on ACB Radio, archived or not, is considered to be the property of the American Council of the Blind. Those responsible for creative content may allow their materials to appear elsewhere with prior notification to the ACB national office and with appropriate attribution.
Table of Contents
- The Braille Forum, January 2013 downloads
- President's Message: So Much To Do ... by Mitch Pomerantz
- Important Announcements From The ACB National Office by Melanie Brunson
- Discover Ohio in 2013 by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Scholarship Applications Available for 2013-2014 School Year
- Highway to Success: Crossroads Leadership Conference by Carla Ruschival, Nolan Crabb and Dave Trevino
- An Experience for the First Time and a Lifetime by Allen J. Casey
- How ACB's MMS Program Compares With Others' Giving Programs by Ronald E. Milliman
- Getting Answers To Your Health Coverage Questions by Ron Pollack
- Identifying and Mentoring Committee Members for Your Affiliate compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Getting the Most From Your Affiliate's or Chapter's Web Site by Ronald E. Milliman
- Affiliate News
- Results From The 2012 London Paralympic Games by Lacey Markle
- Here and There by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
Forum Subscription Notes
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
Are You Moving? Do You Want To Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/cafe
Blind show hosts offer a plethora of musical genres at www.acbradio.org/interactive.