Volume LIX November 2020 No. 5
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- In Memoriam: Charles H. “Charlie” Crawford, Aug. 28, 1947-Sept. 11, 2020
- Readers’ Remembrances of Charlie Crawford
- President’s Message: Core Values Are the Foundation of Our Organization, by Dan Spoone
- Plans for 2021 ACB Convention Under Way, by Janet Dickelman
- Revision to DKM First-Timers’ Guidelines, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- MMS, Past, Present and Future, by Jean Mann
- How to Include Everyone in Your Affiliate, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect: A Question of Quality, by Arturo Espinoza
- Lies Are Always Bad? That’s Not True, by Larry P. Johnson
- Affiliate News
- Summary of 2020 Resolutions
- Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action and Fairness Hearing
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists at www.acbradio.org/cafe.
There are now two versions of ACB Radio Mainstream — Mainstream East (all times Eastern) and Mainstream West (all times Pacific). Check it out at http://acbradio.org/mainstream.