Volume LV - May 2017 - No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2017 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: 50 Golden Years in the Pacific, by Kim Charlson
- The American Council of the Blind and the Policy of Structured Negotiations, by Eric Bridges
- Eatsa, Restaurant of the Future, Excludes Blind Customers
- Sparks of Excitement Will Light Up the Sky in Reno, by Janet Dickelman
- A Reminder from the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, by John Huffman
- Let the Sparks Fly! Fanning the Flames for Resolutions at Our July Convention, by Mark Richert
- Let the Sparks Fly on the First of July, by Katie Frederick
- A Few Good Officers, by Ron Brooks
- Audio Description Project Seeks Input from ACB Members on Most Current Issues, by Susan Glass
- Join the Fun: Donate and Win with the 2017 DKM Gift Card Fundraiser, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Plan Now to Attend the 2017 Midwest Leadership Conference and Young Professionals Seminar, by Ray Campbell
- Board Approves New Guidelines for DKM First-Timers, by Ron Brooks
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.
All blind musicians, all the time at the ACB Radio Café, www.acbradio.org/cafe.